Firehouse Subs donates over $16K to fire departments | Community Spirit
WEST ASHLEY (WCSC) - The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation donated over $16,000 to the St. Johns Fire Department and the St. Andrews Fire Department on Tuesday.
A firefighter rehabilitation unit worth $7,948 was awarded to the St. Johns Fire Department. The donated unit will allow firefighters and other emergency personnel immediate access to medial supplies.
The St. Andrews Fire Department received a Masimo Rad-57 handheld oximeter worth $8,500. The detector will assist the department in identifying carbon monoxide in victims' and fellow firefighters' blood streams.
Despite drastic funding cuts and over 5,000 firefighters losing their job, the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation has donated more than $3.5 million to public safety entities in 275 communities across the nation since 2005.
Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal