Airport renovation plans feature dome to capture sunlight | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- A Charleston County Aviation Authority committee unanimously approved plans on Tuesday which call for a large dome to be included in the $150 million renovation of the passenger terminal of Charleston International Airport.
Airport spokesperson Becky Beaman said the plans will now go to the full airport board on April 19.
Plans call for a dome roughly 37 feet in diameter to be added on top of the main lobby , capturing natural sunlight.
Beaman said other details from the plans include adding a statue or fountain of some type to the lobby. Additionally, plans call for the creation of a large, glass wall to separate passengers who just arrived from those who already went through security checks.
The renovation work is scheduled to begin this year.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight