Riley to announce computer code camp for students | News
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - A new year-round program in Charleston is designed to help students learn open source computer code used in mobile, social media and Web technologies.
Mayor Joe Riley on Thursday is announcing the new program being called CODEcamp.
It's being launched with the help of the high-tech companies that make up the city's digital corridor.
The idea is to expand the local talent pool for high-tech companies that operate in the area.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal