Meeting tonight to discuss Maybank Hwy improvement plans | News
JOHNS ISLAND, SC (WCSC)- Charleston County Government will host a meeting Tuesday night to give Johns Island residents the chance to provide feedback regarding the improvement plan proposals for Maybank Highway.
The county has come up with two different designs for the public to view at the meeting. The first would widen Maybank Highway from a two-lane road to a four-lane road from Main Road to the Stono River Bridge.
The second, called the "Town and Country Pitchfork," would put turning lanes in the busier areas of the highway, including the intersection of Maybank and River roads. That plan also called for adding a median or left turn lanes along Maybank Highway from River to Bohicket roads.
Both plans include bicycle and pedestrian lanes from River Road to Bohicket Road.
Environmental and engineering personnel will be available to answer questions.
The meeting will be held at Haut Gap Middle School on Bohicket Road from 6 to 8 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal