Johns Island man wins $250k from scratch-off tickets | News
JOHNS ISLAND, SC (WCSC)- A Johns Island man recently won $250,000 from a scratch-off lottery ticket.
The $10 Pyramid Riches ticket was purchased from Kangaroo Express #848 on Johns Island.
"I'm ecstatic," he said, telling lottery officials the last few years had been difficult for him and his wife.
"This win will bail us out," he said.
According to the winner, his wife can't stop talking about the winning ticket.
"She was going through everything we could do like take a vacation and this and that," he said.
"I told her we aren't spending anything," he said. "Not yet."
As of this release, three top prizes of $250,000 remain in the $10 Pyramid Riches game. The odds of winning $250,000 are 1 in 576,000.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal