Big changes may be coming to Maybank Highway | News
JOHNS ISLAND, SC (WCSC)- There could be some big changes coming to Maybank Highway to help improve traffic and Charleston County wants to remind the more than 250 people who attended a public meeting last month to fill out their comments.
There are several alternatives for the project that include bike paths and parking spaces along parts of the road. The first would widen Maybank to a four-lane road from Main Road to the Stono River Bridge.
The other plan, called the Town and Country Pitchfork alternative, would put turn lanes in more dense areas including the intersection of Maybank and River.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal