DNR reinstates colonel after clearance of domestic violence | News
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC/AP) - A colonel with the Department of Natural Resources is back at work after a domestic violence charged against him was dropped.
The agency director reviewed the November incident involving Chisolm Frampton and his wife and determined Frampton should be reinstated.
Charleston County sheriff's deputies say they were called to Frampton's Johns Island home after his wife said he threw and broke numerous items in the house and she feared for her safety.
According to an incident report, Frampton's wife told deputies Frampton had gone "into a rage" over her spending habits.
Prosecutors say Frampton's wife agreed to drop the charge after he decided to get individual and marital counseling.
Frampton has been head of DNR's law enforcement division for 20 years.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight