John's Island man found dead in Edisto River | News
The Charleston County Coroner's Office is investigating the death of a man who was found in the Edisto River over the weekend.
Officials say that 41-year-old David McNeil of Johns Island was found near Martin's Landing in the Town of Ravenel.
The coroner's office couldn't confirm if McNeil drowned because the autopsy results were inconclusive.
The case is under investigation and it could be several weeks before any more information is available.
Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.
Top Johns Island - Kiawah - Seabrook Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials release details for 6th remembering of Charleston 9
- Showers and storms likely to help keep temps down
- Suspects wanted for breaking into cars at W. Ashley apartment complex
- HVAC unit sparks Colonial Village apartment fire, officials say
- Former deputy accused of traffic stop assault reaches deal